Why executive and leadership coaching for leaders and teams?
Overwhelmingly, leaders see themselves as “in over their heads.” They are faced with huge demands in an ever-changing global economy. Yet, great leaders know that their personal and professional effectiveness and satisfaction a leader helps them to be more successful. And great leaders know that they must continually develop themselves if they wish to effectively lead and develop their teams. Coaching is an empowering, strategic, hands-on, customized and individualized, goal-driven process.
Coaching, whether for leadership development, leader transition, performance and effectiveness, or employee retention and engagement, provides individualized and focused development, personal learning, and the accountability necessary for desired results.
“It’s all about the results–and that is exactly why seasoned professional business and executive coaches have full rosters because they help clients produce favorable results. Expensive? Not when compared to the ROI, the bottom line results achieved that can be measured.” – Wall Street Journal
“No matter how much the world has changed, people on the job still need some mentoring, some monitoring, some meaningful interaction…personal coaching has earned its merits.” – Fortune Magazine
Harvard Business Review, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, Fortune Magazine, Newsweek, and other publications herald what research shows: that personal and executive coaching (and often a mix of the two) produces executives who are engaged, committed, effective, and successful, as well as produces teams and organizations that are high performing. And the return on investment demonstrates it. In fact, studies done by the International Coaching Federation, Manchester Group, MetrixGlobal, and other independent studies demonstrate that
The average ROI for coaching exceeds 500% with a 98.5% client satisfaction rate.
Additionally, 80% of Fortune 500 companies recently reported that they offer coaching services to their management teams. These companies report increased sales, increased profits, growth in market share, and improved leader and team satisfaction when executive coaches are used.
You can be assured that you or your organization will obtain your desired results with executive leadership coaching. That’s why I offer this unique benefit to my executive coaching clients:
Pay Only For Results
Through executive and leadership coaching, I coach top talent (either in person or over the phone), such as CEO’s, business owners, mid-level and upper-level managers, executives, high potentials, aspiring leaders, leaders in transition, and teams. While most companies will pay for executive coaching, due to the benefits and high ROI, some leaders will also hire their own personal or executive coach to help them be more successful and effective.
Through executive and leadership coaching, leaders will
- Create a Personal and Professional Leadership Development Plan
- Develop their authentic leadership skills and capabilities
- Become self-aware (of behaviors, attitudes, and perceptions)
- Capitalize on their strengths, and learn new skills
- Bridge performance gaps
- Reach their highest potential
- Challenge themselves to see from other perspectives
- Gain new insights
- Develop their communication and interpersonal skills
- Improve time management
- Increase their effectiveness
- Resolve conflict and understand personal dynamics
- Renew their passion for work
- Reduce burnout and stress
- Inspire and motivate themselves and their teams
- Create a healthy, positive work culture
- Ensure that their team feels valued and appreciated
- Increase loyalty
- Improve work-life balance
- Implement action planning and winning strategies
- Achieve their goals and corporate objectives
- Increase the bottom line
- Obtain the support, confidentiality, objectivity, insight, honesty, feedback, follow up, and accountability from a coach, which is necessary for positive, sustainable change and development
The process of executive and leadership coaching
An executive coaching relationship begins with a free initial consultation about your or your organization’s needs and desires to ensure that we are a right fit. Because every individual’s or organization’s needs and desires are different, together we will develop a customized coaching program for the executive being coached. Going forth, however, executive coaching often includes
- Outlining and aligning the executive’s and the organization’s objectives, along with specific metrics of success
- Meeting with the corporate sponsor (such as HR or executive’s manager) to establish details of the coaching engagement (such as reporting requirements)
- A 360 or other assessment(s) or interviews with key stakeholders as needed
- Feedback session based on assessment and interview results
- Evaluation of the client’s strengths and obstacles
- A customized Personal and Professional Executive Development Plan
- Establishing specific, measurable goals within concrete time periods that align with the plan
- Coaching sessions over a 3-12 month period
- Interim reporting framework
- Unlimited access to phone and e-mail support
- Report of results of the coaching engagement
We also offer leadership group coaching programs for either in-house or off-site leadership development and coaching.
Contact me today for a free and confidential consultation to see if executive coaching is right for you, your leaders, or your team.
“Since being coached by Kimberly, I’ve taken many steps to strengthen and expand my ministry—which have produced excellent results. I’m amazed at all I’ve accomplished since we began working together! Important areas of my non-profit that were formerly weak and neglected are becoming stronger as I follow through on action steps that we discuss during our weekly telephone meeting. I consider Kimberly’s coaching an invaluable asset as I seek to grow as a leader.” (Sandy Ralya, Michigan, author of the book Beautiful Womanhood and executive director of the non-profit organization, Beautiful Womanhood)
“Kimberly was a great help to sort through ALL the many ‘to-do’s’ that I had to get done—mentally and physically in both office and home. Her ability to ask the right questions and assist me in thinking through my tasks and projects helped me prioritize, be more productive, and move forward with business and goals. If you are in ‘overwhelm,’ as I was at that time, or just need to think through a project, Kimberly can help you through your needs successfully.” (Kelly Duggan, Kelly Duggan Image Consulting, Michigan)